Before indulging in your Spicers Christmas hamper, have a read of our suggestions for how to make the most of the treats inside. Below are three simple snack ideas to try – that’s unless you’ve already dived into your delicious basket of goods!
Parmesan and pepper oatcakes and cream cheese snacks
- 200g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons of chilli coated peanuts crushed
- Parmesan and pepper oatcakes
- Whisky marmalade
- In a plastic bag crush the peanuts with a rolling pin.
- Mix with the cream cheese.
- Spread onto the oat cakes and top with 1/4 teaspoon of whisky marmalade.
Chilli seed, yoghurt and chocolate thins crunch
- Large tub of Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Chilli seeds
- Belgian chocolate thins
Mix the seeds and sugar with the Greek yoghurt to make a sweet and sour dip to eat with the chocolate thins.
Chilli Peanut and Apricot Shortbreads
- 6 Classic shortbread biscuits
- 1/2 jar of apricot preserve
- 1/2 bag of chilli peanuts
- Good pinch of salt
- Heat the apricot preserve in a pan until it boils
- Add the chilli peanuts and salt
- Boil until sticky about 5 mins
- Spoon onto the biscuits and chill
If you’re feeling extra creative, have a look at our more adventurous hamper recipes.