2020 is the year when many of us are looking to embrace the staycation in their own homes, with this in mind, nothing says staycation like a refreshing summer cocktail. In this short blog post, Spicers of Hythe will give you several refreshing cocktail ideas to kick off your summer staycation.
A fresh twist on the classic Italian cocktail. Apricot Bellinis are the ideal way to virtually transport yourself to the Italian Riviera.
- 3 halved apricots
- A small squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 750ml bottle of prosecco
- Start by placing the apricots, caster sugar and lemon juice in a blender and whizz until the concoction turns smooth.
- Next, press the purée through a fine sieve and into a small bowl.
- Then, divide the purée between 6 flutes and top the glass up slowly with prosecco.
- Continue to stir the mixture together if needed. As they say in Italy, salute!
Pineapple Whisky Sour
If you’re a fan of a Whisky Sour, then why not give the Pineapple Whisky Sour a chance? By adding delicious pineapple you’ll find yourself with a light and refreshing cocktail.
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 25ml lemon juice
- 60ml bourbon
- 25ml pineapple juice
- Pineapple wedge
- 1 egg white
- Start by pouring the bourbon, lemon juice, pineapple juice, egg white and caster sugar into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Next, shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for a good 15 to 30 seconds.
- Finish by straining the mixture into your cocktail glass of choice and garnish with your pineapple wedge. Mmm, how tasty!
If you need a seaside fix on your staycation, then this Sea Breeze cocktail is bound to delight and give you true sea breeze vibes.
- 100ml cranberry juice
- 50ml grapefruit juice
- 50ml vodka
- Slice of lime
- Begin the recipe by filling half a tall glass with ice.
- Next, pour in the cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and vodka.
- Then, stir the mixture until the outside of the glass feels cold.
- Finish by garnishing with a lime slice. Ta-da, the perfect substitute for the beach!
If you decide to channel your inner cocktail connoisseur then don’t forget to tag us in your creations on social!
If you’re looking for more cocktail inspiration, then check out our World Gin Day recipe collaboration with The Lakes Distillery.