As the warmer weather starts to shift and the cooler evenings are upon us, it’s the perfect time to start baking up some warm and tasty treats! Belvoir Fruit Farms offers a selection of naturally lovely drinks and its Lime & Lemongrass Cordial is a firm favourite in our luxury hampers. Although it is glorious enjoyed as a refreshing beverage, it can also act as a star ingredient in crafting some deliciously-sweet recipes. So you can enjoy these delights too, we are sharing the perfect recipe to whip up some wonderful Lime & Lemongrass Muffins.
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 90g sugar
- 225ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 110g butter
- Zest of 2 limes
- 8 tbsp Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
- Sieve through the flour into a bowl until smooth
- Mix in the baking powder, salt and lime zest with the sieved flour
- Melt the butter over a low heat until liquidised
- Combine the butter, eggs, milk, sugar and of course, the Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial, in a large mixing bowl
- Add the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture and fold (top tip: be careful not to over stir, as this can stop your muffins from rising nice and high!)
- Grease a muffin tray until covered and pour the mixture into the muffin holes
- Place the muffins in a pre-heated oven at Gas 6, 400°F or 200°C, and bake for 20 minutes
- Whilst leaving the muffins to cool on a tray – it’s time to make your icing!
- Combine icing sugar with Lime & Lemon Cordial until you achieve a thick consistency
- Ice the muffins, top with fresh grated lime zest and enjoy!