If the Easter Bunny has been extra generous this year and you’ve still got some chocolate left, check out some of our favourite recipes to use it all up!
To whip up some chocolate bark, simply melt your chocolate in a bain-marie then pour quickly over a lipped baking tray covered with greaseproof paper. Allow to cool slightly before sprinkling with a topping of your choice, our top 3 are:
- Miniature marshmallows
- Rock salt and mini cubes of caramel or fudge
- An assortment of your favourite childhood sweets, we love jelly beans, Smarties and even popping candy! Dessert eggs are a guaranteed show stopper! Simply use a hot knife to carefully halve an Easter egg, each half then makes the perfect bowl for a delicious dessert.
Once completely dry simply break into rustic chunks and enjoy! Top tip – you can use this to garnish ice-cream for a tasty summer treat!
Chocolate Dessert Eggs
Dessert eggs are a guaranteed show stopper! Simply use a hot knife to carefully halve an Easter egg, each half then makes the perfect bowl for a delicious dessert.
- For a twist to the traditional cheesecake simply add a layer of finely broken biscuits mixed with melted cool butter and gently press down. Then top with a no bake cheesecake mixture – our favourite is cream cheese mixed with lemon curd to taste. Decorate with a generous spoon of lemon curd to create an egg yolk effect.
- For a chocolate cake sensation, gently fill the egg shell with a cake-pop mixture (chocolate cake crumbs mixed with chocolate butter cream works well) and layer with rich chocolate sauce before topping with a generous amount of grated chocolate…or any available tasty chocolate treats. Be-warned though this dessert can be rather rich, so you may consider sharing?!
- Take Eton Mess to a new level by serving in chocolate! Simply fill the egg with generous servings of fresh, chopped strawberries, mini meringue kisses and plenty of freshly whipped cream to create a dinner party sensation.
- Alternatively, if Easter celebrations have taken their toll and you’re looking for an effortless dessert, simply fill the egg with a couple of generous scoops of ice-cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce and enjoy!