With wedding season fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about the finer details to make your special day that extra bit special! Finding the perfect wedding favour to suit all of your guests can be tricky, and it’s easy to fall back on the reliable sugared almonds. So, to help you out this wedding season we have come up with our favourite DIY wedding favours, that are sure to delight each and every one of your guests!
Gooey chocolate truffles (serves 60)
Who doesn’t love a sweet treat to indulge in? These gooey chocolatey truffles are sure to impress your guests, and they’re so simple to make!
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 350g icing sugar, sifted
- 500g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 100g crushed pistachios (optional)
- 100g dried raspberries or strawberries
- Combine the softened cream cheese, icing sugar, melted chocolate and vanilla together in a large bowl and refrigerate for an hour
- Using the mixture, create small circular truffle balls
- Scatter the optional crushed nuts and fruit on to a plate and roll the chocolate balls until fully coated
- Place on a greaseproof tray and keep cool
Top tip: We know the time leading up to your wedding can be crazy, so why not make these and freeze them until nearer the big day?
Love heart soap (makes 10)
This 10-minute recipe makes lots of love-inspired, honey hand soaps for your guests to take home.
- 1lb soap block
- Yellow soap colouring
- Heart shaped moulds (ice cube trays or silicone baking trays work)
- Slice the soap block into cubes, put in a microwavable jug and heat every 30 seconds and stir, until completely melted
- Add 4 teaspoons of honey, 3 drops of the yellow soap colouring and stir
- Pour the mixture into the moulds and leave to rest for 1 hour
- When firm, remove the hand soaps and wrap up in cellophane wrap and a ribbon!
Rose potpourri (makes 6 jam jars)
Rose petals give off a calming aroma and are known for signifying love. This DIY potpourri is set to please all of your guests and is a little treat for them to take away.
- 12 dried roses
- ½ teaspoon of dried lavender
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 5 drops of rose essential oil
- In a large sealable jar, place all of the dried rose petals in alongside the lavender, cinnamon and the 5 drops of rose essential oil
- Shake and seal for 24 hours and repeat
- After 48 hours, the potpourri is ready to enjoy
- Place in jam jars and decorate with ribbon for an extra special touch.
What are your favourite DIY wedding favours? We’d love to know! Share your ideas with us @SpicersOfHythe