All deliveries are sent via fully trackable couriers, selected from the following services:
- Our Standard Delivery service - choose a week commencing date and the hamper will be delivered Monday - Friday 08:00– 18:00 GMT, except for fresh food hampers (see FRESH FOOD HAMPERS). Any hampers ordered by 13:00 GMT in the same week (up to Wednesday) as the required week commencing delivery date will be dispatched the following day.
- Our Named Day service - if you would like to have your hamper delivered on a specific day then choose our Named Day delivery service. There is a surcharge on £2 + VAT per address. Any hampers ordered by 13:00 GMT will be despatched the same day.
- Saturday service - any hamper ordered by 13:00 GMT on a Friday could be delivered the following day, Saturday. Visit www.spicersofhythe.co.uk/deliveries for surcharges and restrictions.
Every order dispatched to a UK mainland address is sent on a 24 hour service; certain postcodes will take 48-72 hours and carry a surcharge. See website for further details www.spicersofhythe.co.uk/deliveries
Out of area deliveries
Delivery surcharges are applicable to Scottish Highlands and Islands, Northern Ireland, Scilly Isles and Isle of Man. Visit www.spicersofhythe.co.uk/deliveries for surcharges and restrictions.
Fresh food hampers
All Fresh Food hampers are only available for delivery to UK mainland addresses, To ensure the quality during transit we cannot deliver Fresh Food hampers on a Monday, they are dispatched using our standard service between Tuesday to Friday. If you would like your hamper delivered on a specific day then ensure you specify this option on your order, there is a surcharge of £2 + VAT per address.
The Fresh Food hampers are clearly marked in the brochure and on the website.
Certain hampers are suitable for overseas delivery, these are clearly marked on the website and in the brochure as follows;
- suitable for UK delivery only
- suitable for European delivery
- suitable for all destinations as specified www.spicersofhythe.co.uk/countries
Please contact the customer service team on +44 (0) 1303 235605 . Please note there may be custom duties payable on entering certain destinations and we are unable to calculate or confirm these costs at time of ordering.
BFPO addresses and PO boxes
We are unable to deliver to BFPO or PO Box addresses.
Sunday and Bank Holiday deliveries
If you would like your hampers delivered outside our current service options detailed above please contact our customer service team on +44 (0) 1303 235605 for advice and details.
Delivery of a number of hampers to one address can easily be arranged. Bulk delivery costs for hamper orders placed via website are calculated and displayed at the checkout. Our customer service team will also be able to calculate the bulk delivery cost for you and answer any queries.
If you would prefer to collect your order direct from our warehouse, just specify this option at time of ordering, detailing when you would like to collect. Our warehouse is open for collection Monday - Friday 09:00 - 16:00 GMT. Any other collection times must be pre-arranged, for further details call our customer service team on +44 (0) 1303 235605.
Tracking your order
By providing us with your email address at the time of ordering we can update you with the carriers website tracking information as soon as the hamper has been dispatched. Their website should then provide you with a comprehensive progress report.
Our courier will aim to deliver to the address you have provided;
- if no one is at the address to sign for the goods the courier may deliver it to a neighbour or leave a card for your recipient giving details on how to re-arrange the delivery at a more convenient time.
- if the courier is not contacted by the recipient within 5 working days the hamper will be returned to Spicers of Hythe. However, we receive daily notifications of any non deliveries and our customer service team will endeavour to get the delivery completed before the hamper is returned to us.
We regret that where the goods have been correctly delivered we cannot accept responsibility if the intended recipient has moved, or lives elsewhere, and the actual receiver refuses or fails to return the hamper.
All hampers need to be signed for upon delivery and are only delivered to a ground floor location. If your delivery requires special handling please contact our office for further details and advice.
Redirection of hampers
Please provide accurate delivery information at the time of ordering as any address alterations not notified to us prior to despatch may incur additional costs.
Unfortunately, Spicers of Hythe cannot take responsibility for late delivery of any hampers due to:
- Adverse weather conditions
- Incomplete or incorrect delivery addresses
- Any other causes beyond our reasonable control and not limited to securing necessary export licenses, compliance with laws or regulations, Acts of God, acts or omissions of the Purchaser, acts of civil or military authority, judicial action defaults of sub-contractors or suppliers, labour disputes, failure or delays in transportation, embargoes, wars or riots.